… and welcome the monthly updates!
Yes, that’s right. Instead of releasing SharePoint CUs every two months, the product group decided to release them every month instead. Yay! The first in the row is the July 2014 CU. Here are the download links:
- KB 2882999 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 July 2014 CU
- KB 2882989 – SharePoint Server 2013 July 2014 CU
- KB 2882990 – SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server July 2014 CU
- KB 2883003 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 July 2014 CU (not available at the moment)
- Outta luck here, only security updates are released once in a while 😉
Please be aware that for SharePoint 2013, you will need your farm to be on the SharePoint Server 2013 SP1 or March 2013 PU patch level. For SharePoint 2010, it is recommended to have Service Pack 2 installed prior installing July 2014 CU.
Is this a good or a bad news? Well, by my personal opinion, it is always a good thing to get things fixed as soon as possible. However, as earlier, I would recommend deploying a Cumulative Update ONLY if it fixes an issue you are experiencing within your farm. Cumulative Updates are not as tested as Service Packs and may fix one thing or another but may also break some things in the process. So, be careful there. If you do not experience any issues, just stick to the last Service Pack.